Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Blenheim!

After 2 very wet and windy days in Wellington catching up with my boys and siblings...not to mention soaking up some great Wellington coffees again!...Daffy, Magic and I crossed Cook Strait this afternoon and are now snug for the night in Blenheim. The crossing was a bit rock 'n roll...but nowhere near as bad as I had anticipated given the previous 2 days of southerly gales. As we sailed into the Marlborough Sounds the low cloud and drizzle made the water and sky meld into veils of silver, and there were dolphins leaping ahead of us and alongside. (left my camera in the camper...along with Magic who had to stay in there by herself...double sad)

When I checked the route to Christchurch with the guy at the Blenheim campground he said 'just point the camper south and drive till you get to an earthquake'...it sounded like he had said that joke every day for a year! Poor Christchurch...but I bet they've got a few good jokes as well.

I'm so looking forward to seeing Sonia again...I will be staying with her at her fabulous new home. She was Plum Garden's first enrollment coordinator and a huge support throughout the setting up of the Parenting Centre. She's about to have her 3rd baby...so a very special time.

I begin my lectures in Christchurch on Saturday with a weekend entitled: 'Building Positive Social Responses in our 7-12 year-olds'. Considering all these dear parents have been through I think discussing these issues with them will be a profound learning experience for me.

Will keep you 'posted'!...Love to all, Mary.

3 comments:

  1. hi Mary - I'd like to let a friend in Chch know about your lecture. She's not hooked in to the steiner network so are you able to post more info on your blog about it please? thanks, Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, Great to be following you on your tour! Thank you Joe! Will see you soon in Hawke's Bay. Just let me know if you need a real bed and bathroom....

    ReplyDelete